Vision and Values
Our School’s Vision
Through actively opening doors for everyone in our community, we remove barriers and support all to appreciate ‘life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10).
As a family, we nurture and grow each other as individuals, encouraging all to stretch themselves spiritually, morally, intellectually, emotionally, socially, culturally and physically in order to achieve more than they dreamed possible.
We understand that our adventures may be littered with challenges, but with friendship, perseverance and courage we know that ‘we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us’ (Philippians 4 v 13).
Our School Values
At St. Peter’s CE Primary School our core Christian values underpin every aspect of school life. They form the basis of our expectations for all members of our school family and we endeavour to demonstrate these values through our thoughts, words and actions every day. As a school we value:
You can find out more about how we live our values in school on our Spiritual Development page.
‘Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others’
1 Peter 4 v10
Driven by a call to serve others, we open doors for all in our learning community through learning faith and care.
We live our motto, vision and values every day through:
- Creating a safe, happy and nurturing Christian environment, where all are encouraged to grow as unique individuals.
- Setting the highest expectations for the behaviour of all in our community, ensuring compassion, friendship and respect at all times.
- Enabling every child to flourish through improving academic outcomes and progress for every learner, ensuring that all make exceptional progress at every point in their learning adventure.
- Planning exciting and inspirational learning opportunities which lead to a genuine appreciation of the amazing world around us.
- Continually reflecting upon our practices to ensure that all are enabled to grow and excel, removing barriers to learning wherever they arise, and continually striving for better.
- Championing the vulnerable and disadvantaged, ensuring the highest expectations for all and encouraging learners to challenge injustice.
- Offering a curriculum which is underpinned by our Christian vision and values, and which cultivates the whole-child through planning opportunities for their spiritual, moral, intellectual, emotional, social and physical development.
- Offering opportunities for our whole school team to grow spiritually, morally, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically, in order to better support our learners to flourish.
- Actively seeking opportunities to challenge all within our community to develop perseverance in learning and life.
- Working closely with all partners in our community to continually deliver the very best educational experience for all.
- Growing our school as a genuine learning community, using all our gifts in service of others and opening doors for all to continually improve and grow.
- Rooting our values and faith in our context, through worship and RE lessons, knowing how the teachings of Jesus apply throughout our lives.
- Providing high quality Religious Education that develops religious literacy and a deeper understanding of the rich diversity of our world, recognising that all have been created in the image of God.