Vision and Values
‘ Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others ‘ (1 Peter 4 v10
Everything we do at St. Peter’s is underpinned by our vision, mission and Christian values.
‘ Opening Doors with Learning, Faith and Care ‘
“Knowing that ‘we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us‘ (Philippians 4 v13), we will serve our community by opening doors for children and providing them with an education of the highest quality thereby preparing them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences that lie ahead. We will encourage an understanding of the significance of faith and promote Christian values through the experience offered to all our pupils.”
Within the Christian ethos of our foundation, our school’s mission is to:
- Develop children who will be motivated, independent and enthusiastic learners who give of their best and are able to make progress measured against their individual standard of achievement.
- Ensure that all pupils receive a truly rounded learning experience and provide every pupil with an equal chance of success.
- Create an environment where children will feel safe, valued and cared for.
- Provide and maintain a disciplined environment by promoting a culture of good manners, courtesy, mutual respect and co-operation.
- Establish close links with parents and align their aspirations for their children with demonstrable achievement.
- Recruit and retain the best teaching and support staff and encourage them to maximise their potential for the benefit of the pupils.
Christian values are at the heart of everything we do at St. Peter’s CE Primary School. They help us to fulfil our vision which is encapsulated in the vision statement ‘opening doors with learning, faith and care’. Each half term we focus on a different Christian value. This is explicitly through Collective Worship time and also through curricular and extra-curricular activities. Children have regular opportunities to reflect on each value and are encouraged to display these in action; they are acknowledged for this. At the end of each half term in our Golden Assembly/Worship, children who have demonstrated in a particularly special way the value which has been focussed on, are rewarded.
The Christian Values we explore and strive to live by are:
- Respect and Responsibility