Mission, Aims & Values
Everything we do at St. Peter’s is underpinned by our mission, aims and values.
“Our school will serve its community by providing children with an education of the highest quality, thereby preparing them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences that lie ahead. Our school encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.”
Within the Christian ethos of our foundation, our school aims to:
- Develop children who will be motivated, independent and enthusiastic learners who give of their best and are able to make progress measured against their individual standard of achievement.
- Ensure that all pupils receive a truly rounded learning experience and provide every pupil with an equal chance of success.
- Create an environment where children will feel safe, valued and cared for.
- Provide and maintain a disciplined environment by promoting a culture of good manners, courtesy, mutual respect and co-operation.
- Establish close links with parents and align their aspirations for their children with demonstrable achievement.
- Recruit and retain the best teaching and support staff and encourage them to maximise their potential for the benefit of the pupils.
In everything we do, our key values are:
- Our Children. All children will be treated with care and respect, thereby encouraging their individual development. Children are encouraged to take every opportunity open to them within a safe and caring environment, where there is constant celebration of success.
- Our Environment. The environment created in school is warm, safe, close-knit and creatively stimulating. Great value is placed on these principles; therefore, facilities and learning resources are continually being improved.
- Our Church. As a Church of England Primary School, the school forges and maintains strong links with the local and broader Christian communities. The school fully supports the Church’s teaching on Christian values.
- Our Staff. Our members of staff have the highest standards of conduct and integrity in all that they do, and deliver what is promised to our school community. They are consistent in their approach and strive for the highest standards.